|Barrier Free Rating:
||03 July 2011 by Lot Yee, Lew & Say Leng
||The Kelana Jaya Line is a medium-capacity rail transport system and one of the three rail transit lines in the Kuala Lumpur Rail Transit System operated by RapidKL Rail network. The other rail transit is the Ampang Line & Monorail Line.The Kelana Jaya Line was formerly known as PUTRA LRT (“PUTRA” stands for Projek Usahasama Transit Ringan Automatik Sdn Bhd, the company which developed and operated it). Following a restructuring of ownership and management, the line is currently owned by Syarikat Prasarana Negara Berhad (SPNB) and operated by Rapid KL.
- KJ1 Terminal PUTRA – Terminal – Also referred to as Gombak station.
- KJ2 Taman Melati – Side
- KJ3 Wangsa Maju – Island – Connection to Metrobus and RapidKL hubs.
- KJ4 Sri Rampai – Side – only at-grade station on the Kelana Jaya line.
- KJ5 Setiawangsa Island
- KJ6 Jelatek – Side
- KJ7 Dato’ Keramat – Side
- KJ8 Damai – Island
- KJ9 Ampang Park – Island – Underground
- KJ10 KLCC – Island – Underground, connection to RapidKL hub.
- KJ11 Kampung Baru – Island – Underground
- KJ12 Dang Wangi – Island – Underground, walking distance to KL Monorail.
- KJ13 Masjid Jamek – Island Underground, connection to Ampang Line.
- KJ14 Pasar Seni – Island – Connection to Rapid KL hub, walking distance to KTM Komuter, KL Monorail and Metrobus hub.
- KJ15 KL Sentral – Side – Connection to KLIA Ekspres, KLIA Transit, KTM Intercity and KTM Komuter, walking distance to KL Monorail and Metrobus and Rapid KL hubs.
- KJ16 Bangsar – Side
- KJ17 Abdullah Hukum – Side
- KJ18 Kerinchi – Side
- KJ19 Universiti – Island Connection to RapidKL hub.
- KJ20 Taman Jaya – Side
- KJ21 Asia Jaya – Island
- KJ22 Taman Paramount – Side
- KJ23 Taman Bahagia – Side
- KJ24 Kelana Jaya – Island – Connection to RapidKL hub.
- Elevators and wheelchair lifts alongside the train platform.
- Stations were also designed to have platform gaps smaller than 5cm to allow easy access for the disabled and wheelchair users.
- Special assigned seats for the disabled are allocated near the door.
- Toilets are disabled friendly.
- Staff are attentive to the needs of the disabled.
- 2 Parking bays specially assigned for the disabled.
- Tactile floor tiles for visually impaired.
motorcycle and bus park obstruct at disabled parking.
This is Disabled car parking signage
Lift call button is too high to be reached.
platform gaps smaller than 5cm
Special assigned seats for the disabled are allocated near the door.
Tactile floor tiles for visually impaired but not appropriate.
||50% discount for PWDs.
Disabled toilet are separate to male or female inside of general toilet. Not unisex toilet.
It's a good example disabled toilet
Different counter height for wash basin, but no mirror.
||Lift with disabled friendly feature, but lift call button is too high to be reached.
Ticket Counter Can be lower
Ticket Machine: Not disabled friendly
||Rangkaian Pengangkutan Integrasi Deras Sdn Bhd – (660759-D)
No.1 Jalan PJU 1A/46, Off Jalan Lapangan Terbang Sultan Abdul Aziz Shah,
47301 Petaling Jaya, Selangor.
Tel: 603-7650 7788 Fax: 603-7625 6669
Helpline: 603-7885 2585
||Compare with other public transportation, Kelana Jaya Line is most convenience public tranport for disable people.
Drainage cover should be same level as pedestrian level.
* Any amendment or information to be update, please do not hestitate to email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks.